Shattered: Surviving the Loss of a Child
¥ 2,400 で購入
"A truly healing book." (Glen Lord, President, The Compassionate Friends)
Unthinkable. Unbelievable. Heartbreaking. Whatever words we choose, they all fall far short of the reality. The loss of a child is a terrible thing. Accidents. Disease. Suicide. School shootings. Murder. Natural disasters. War. No matter how or when, the death of a child (no matter what age) can shatter the heart. How do you survive this? Can you?
Best-selling author, hospice chaplain, and grief specialist Gary Roe uses his three decades of experience interacting with grieving parents to give us this heartfelt and intensely practical book. In Shattered, Roe walks the listener through the powerful impact a child's death can have - emotionally, mentally, physically, relationally, and spiritually.
Shattered unpacks the depth of this loss, describing how:
- Intense, unpredictable emotions (sadness, anger, guilt, anxiety, fear, depression) can hijack us at a moment's notice.
- Our minds spin. We can't concentrate. We forget things. It feels like we're going crazy
- Our bodies get hit. Symptoms surface. Our health can be impacted. Illness can invade.
- Our souls feel crushed. Guilt shakes us. What we believe gets challenged.
- Our relationships change. Marriage, family, and friendships feel the impact.
- Our plans and dreams are shattered. The future has changed. We're in uncharted territory.
In Shattered, you will discover how you can:
Deal with the volatile, unpredictable emotions assaulting you.
- Manage the massive changes that are occurring in your life and routine.
- Move through feeling overwhelmed and begin to heal.
- Take care of yourself and your health amidst all the challenges.
- Honor your child with how you grieve.
- Love those around you, even with a broken heart.
- Navigate spiritual uncertainties and faith questions.
- Turn couple, family, and relational upheaval into personal growth.
- Support your other children in their grief and parent well through this.
- Find the people and resources you need to begin to recover.
- Decipher whether counseling or grief coaching would be beneficial for you.
- Live life as well as possible while in the midst of great pain.
- Make your child's life count in deep and powerful ways.
Shattered is not a magic pill. The death of a child cannot be fixed. But comfort, compassion, guidance, and hope can be found in this book. If you are a grieving parent or grandparent, this book is here to help. We will never be the same, but we can survive. And to some degree, we can heal. Shattered can help. Listen to this book, and let the healing continue.
Shattered was a 2017 Best Book Awards Finalist.
投稿者： April 日付： 2020/01/29
This book was an answer to my broken heart’s prayer
Just 3 months ago, we lost our baby at 36 weeks pregnant, suddenly and unexpectedly without any knowledge as to what happened or why...
Life after her passing has been a whirlwind of every emotion, and a completely different crippling reality.
My spouse, 3 other children and I have been thrown into a world that doesn’t make sense, and is hard to navigate even with the support of family, friends and grief groups.
I believe this book is inspired, and has helped me so much in the weeks and months that have followed our loss- I refer to it often, especially on the hardest days.
I now know how to put words and explanations to new previously unknown emotions, and communicate mine and my family’s needs better to each other and those around us.
If you have experienced child loss, know that I am so very sorry for your loss, and that you are now a part of this “club” too.
It is a club that no one wants to belong to, but one that is full of some of the most amazing people I’ve ever met...
You are not alone in your pain, and you don’t have to grieve without help.
Gary gets it. This book is a treasure, and great resource for all of us- those who have experienced child loss firsthand, and those who want to be truly supportive and understanding of someone who has.
It’s safe, loving, enlightening and provides guidance that is hard, if not impossible to find elsewhere.
May God, and our angels continue to watch over and help all of us as we strive to heal our broken hearts...
And may Gary be abundantly blessed for his efforts in helping us find guidance in trying to do so 🙏🏻💗
投稿者： Derek Bradley 日付： 2019/04/28
Very helpful book for those like myself who have experienced the loss of a child.
投稿者： Ruby Padilla 日付： 2019/01/18
Excellent, Real, I identify with it.
This was more then just a book. It is real. I lost a child and could identify with every word, thought and feelings of the book, it hit me to the core of my being. I am still going through the process and I can't wait to see where I will be through applying what I've learned and heard. Thank you.