Good Grief Series
Surviving the Holidays Without You: Navigating Grief During Special Seasons あらすじ・解説
2016 Book Excellence Award finalist
You've lost someone you love. Your heart is broken. Now you're facing a holiday or special occasion.
What are you going to do? How do you handle this?
Best-selling author, hospice chaplain, and grief counselor Gary Roe has given you a grief survival kit designed for the holidays. Speaking from both personal and professional grief experiences, he will empower you to navigate special days and seasons with new confidence.
Holidays are difficult, especially when you're grieving the loss of someone you love. In this book, you will discover how to:
- Deal with unspoken yet powerful expectations
- Handle continual memories and reminders of your loved one
- Face feeling misunderstood, lonely, and isolated,
- Process unpredictable emotions and feeling vulnerable
- Take yourself and your own heart seriously
- Make good choices - what to do, how, and with whom
Finding your way to grieve well over the holidays can be overwhelming without a trusted guide. Gary knows your pain and will walk beside you, offering effective tools to help you face the holidays with hope rather than apprehension.
Healing from loss is challenging. Facing a holiday while grieving the loss of a spouse, child, parent, or someone close is tough duty. Use holidays and special times to help you grieve and honor the one you're missing. Grab this comforting, practical book today.