Delight in a collection of the most well-known children's stories voiced by our favourite celebrities, from a fantastic edition of The Beauty and the Beast, read by the brilliant comedian, writer and actor Rik Mayall, to the incredibly captivating Rapunzel, told by the renowned Bobby Davro, and many, many more.
This collection includes:
- Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Rik Mayall)
- Cinderella, Puss in Boots (Tony Robinson)
- Jack and the Beanstalk (Philip Schoffield)
- Snow White (Anita Harris)
- Sleeping Beauty, The Emperor's New Clothes, Hansel and Gretel (Lenny Henry)
- The Princess and the Pea (Emma Forbes)
- Get Me Out of the Jungle Book (David Van Day)
- Rapunzel, Jack and the Beanstalk, Alice in Wonderland (Bobby Davro)
- The Frog Princess (Brenda and Robin Markwell)
Stories without Titles and Authors?
What would have made Most Well-Known Children's Stories better?
Opening each chapter with the name of the story and author - and not just sung with a silly ditty. Stories cannot be searched. . . . .They are simple called chapter 1, 2, etc. And even if you try each chapter you have to listen to a sing-song introduction to see what story is included in that chapter.
What could the authors have done to make this a more enjoyable book for you?
The authors, may they RIP, chose a title and wrote a most well-known story - too bad they are ignored!
How could the performance have been better?
A softer, more gentle and comprehensible British accent. My grandchildren, and sometime I, myself, cannot understand what is being said.
What reaction did this book spark in you? Anger, sadness, disappointment?
Any additional comments?
I would not have purchased this book if the actors had been more clearly described.
Not for kids!
I was disappointed when I listed to this book with my 4.5 year old. These are stories he likes... but the narrator uses a very mean, sarcastic, snarky, hateful tone of voice to read them. A tone of voice I do not want my child to learn. Also, the stories have been modified ( they are not the classics you expect ) to better fit that tone.
Perhaps these are interesting for some, but not for kids. The cover and title are misleading.