One of the most enduring love stories of all time. Cyrano de Bergerac is the Platonic ideal of the fearless warrior who is paralyzed by romantic yearning. Confident in battle, but relentlessly self-doubting in love, Cyrano is unable to express his devotion to the beautiful Roxane. And when she falls in love with a handsome young cadet named Christian, Cyrano seizes the opportunity to use Christian as a proxy for his own unrequited feelings.
An L.A. Theatre Works full cast recording featuring:
- Caroline Aaron as Lise/Mother Marguerite
- Hugo Armstrong as Le Bret
- Kalen Harriman as Foodseller/Others
- Gregory Itzin as Comte De Guiche
- Hamish Linklater as Cyrano
- Anna Mathias as Duenna/Others
- Morgan Ritchie as Valvert/Bellerose/Others
- Jason Ritter as Christian
- André Sogliuzzo as Ragueneau/Ligniere/Others
- Devon Sorvari as Roxane
- Matthew Wolf as Cuigy/Others
Original music composed by Mark Holden.
Includes a conversation with Sue Lloyd, author of The Man Who Was Cyrano: A Life of Edmond Rostand.
Directed and adapted for radio by Barry Creyton. Recorded in Los Angeles before a live audience at The James Bridges Theater, UCLA in December of 2014.