"[Susie Bright is] the avatar of American erotica." (The New York Times)
Featuring erotic stories by Jerry Stahl, Steve Almond, Roxane Gay, and Touré.
In The Best American Erotica, Volume 11, we learn about the very first penis in science-fiction hotshot Geoffrey Landis's bawdy fairy tale; Touré's breathless prose poem sets us up with an evening's worth of erotic visitors; and in Jerry Stahl's story, a man recalls his boyhood fascination with his mother's friends and their elaborate undergarments.
Included in this collection:
- "Confessions of a Japanese Salary Man" by Claire Tristram
- "The Cool Cat" by Steve Almond
- "The Pitcher" by Sharon Wachsler
- "Old Tingo's Penis" by Geoffrey A. Landis
- "Two Guys, A Girl,&A Porno Movie" by Rachel Kramer Bussel
- "Sex in Space: The Video" by David R. Enoch
- "Dicks, Digits, Dildoes" by Dawn O'Hara
- "Recent Reports of Progress Toward Fusion" by Bill Noble
- "They're for My Husband" by John Yohe
- "The Conductor" by A. W. Hill
- "A Red Dress Tale: La Jodida Guarra" by Susannah Indigo
- "The Devil in her Eye" by Maggie Estep
- "Snow" by Jameson Currier
- "A Cool Dry Place" by R. Gay
- "Man and Woman: A Study in Black and White" by Rachel Resnick
- "The Boy Who Read Bataille" by Simon Sheppard
- "Spawning" by Joy Vannuys
- "A Guest" by Touré
- "Wax" by I. K. Velasco
Previously published as Best American Erotica 2004.
The Best American Erotica, Volume 11: The Devil in Her Eyeに寄せられたリスナーの声
Sliver of quiver
There are 25 stories included and I enjoyed 2 of them. Given how specifically freakish they all are, I can't imagine anyone enjoying more than 4 of them on the outside. If that's a high enough percentage for you or if you're just curious, then you might want to give this a listen. If you're looking for 8 hours of listening pleasure - I don't like your chances of being pleased with this selection.