Does the thought of public speaking raise your anxiety?
Would you rather volunteer for car pick up duty? After school staff meetings? Parent-Teacher conferences?
Well you’re not alone though public speaking is a part of our lives whether we like it or not.
It’s a common fear that can have extraordinary outcomes on our lives once conquered.
First, here is what you’re not going to find in this book:
- How to have powerful stage presence
- How to master transitions from one point to the next
- When to contrast your voice or tone
- How to develop a proper beginning, middle, and end to your talk
Do you want to know why? Because not a single one of those topics matter if you are scared to death to speak in front of a crowd. It is extremely difficult to appear professional when you are terrified to speak in public. We must first deal with the battle of fear that manifest itself internally.
Conquering that internal struggle is the focus us of this book. To get you comfortable in your own skin while speaking to an audience whether you’re:
- Leading the monthly professional development
- In charge of the induction teachers meeting
- Wanting to share your tactics for teaching at a regional conference
- Wanting to get more involved in the Teacher Forums
- Simply wanting to have control over yourself whenever you speak
How will you conquer your fears?
- By getting to the know the “why” behind your fears
- Gaining knowledge in understanding the importance of taking small steps every day to have a lasting effect on your comfort level on stage
- Building a big-O swanky pile of discipline and courage to help you every step of the way
- By learning the fastest way to overcome the fears that hold you back from being the speaker who doesn’t let fear have a say.
I’m on a mission to help others who are holding themselves back from fear of speaking and I am so excited to bring the concepts from the original Stage Fight and transform them for teachers. Allow me and my co-teacher to share with you the lessons we’ve learned to take you from where you are to where you want to be. Allow us to help you find your teacher voice that's ready to stand up and fight for teachers and students everywhere!
Inside this book is the how, but inside you is the grit, discipline, and determination to punch your fears of public speaking in the face once and for all! You get to choose whether your life will be one big stage fright or whether you will own it, making it your very own stage fight.
- Shannon G
Conquer Your Fear
This is an excellent book for those with problems in public speaking. It is a fear I have known and, where I still don't like speaking to any size of crowd, with age I have managed to hold my fear at bay in order to accomplish my goal. This book really breaks down why public speaking is such a fear for so many people, including the authors own experiences. It's wonderful to hear that you are not the only one with fear. The authors help the listener to understand what is needed to overcome these fears and to speak publicly. The narration was well done. Jimmy Kieffer and Jennifer Jill Araya have wonderful voices. They read at a nice pace and each word is clean and easily understood. If you're looking for help in overcoming your fears with public speaking then I highly recommend getting this book. It will help you if you allow it to.
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.