"I love Olly's work - and you will too!" (Barbara Oakley, PhD, author of New York Times best seller A Mind for Numbers)
An unmissable collection of eight unconventional and captivating short stories for young and adult learners.
Short Stories in Dutch for Beginners has been written especially for students from beginner to intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, and most importantly - enjoyment!
Mapped to A2-B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference, these eight captivating stories will both entertain you and give you a feeling of progress.
What does this book give you?
- Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller - making listening fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary.
- Controlled language at your level, including the 1000 most frequent words, to help you progress confidently.
- Authentic spoken dialogues, to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
- Pleasure! It's much easier to learn a new language when you're having fun, and research shows that if you're enjoying listening in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration - 'It's too hard!' 'I don't understand!'
- Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
Carefully curated to make learning a new language easy, these stories include key features that will support and consolidate your progress, including:
- A glossary for bolded words in each text
- A bilingual word list
- Full plot summary
- Comprehension questions after each chapter
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying listening, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language, without ever feeling overwhelmed or frustrated. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in Dutch for Beginners will make learning Dutch easy and enjoyable.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your Library section along with the audio on our desktop site.
Short Stories in Dutch for Beginnersに寄せられたリスナーの声
This book is a brilliant resource to learn Dutch if you are not yet at an advanced level. It is really well put together and combines learning through reading and listening at the same time to improve Dutch language acquisition. The book is set at beginner/advanced beginner level so it is mostly understandable for learners at a beginner level but also pushes the reader forward so you are improving language skills and knowledge. I have made real progress improving my Dutch language skills using this book. The stories are not too long and are also interesting and packed with useful vocabulary and phrases. Highly recommended. I genuinely hope the writer publishes more books like this for Dutch language learners, I would certainly purchase them.