Values really matter. They are the foundation for forging communities with common bonds that withstand great change and upheaval, while taking the necessary steps to build a better future. Whether you are leading at home, in your work, or in your town or city, let global leadership and change expert Dr. Sheila Murray Bethel be your guide to better leadership. Just as she has helped people and organizations around the world clarify their leadership values, she will discuss important principles and concepts about values and why they matter so much in your community. Some of the topics covered:
- How Margaret Mead, anthropologist, inspires your vision to build a better world
- How to examine, challenge and upgrade your current values model
- What Jim Amoss, editor of the New Orleans Times Picayune, teaches us about values and crises
- Three Significant skills to ignite a passion in others to make a difference
- Practical steps to engage your community in common sense ways, so together you can navigate the issues and opportunities of our new century
Famed author, speaker, and leadership expert Sheila Murray Bethel has delivered over 3,000 presentations worldwide and has written best-selling books on the qualities that produce and sustain great leaders. In this performance, derived from her book A New Breed of Leader: 8 Leadership Qualities That Matter Most in the Real World, Bethel teaches the listener how to be "a thoughtful, committed leader who lives her values". By using individual examples of effective corporate leaders as well as ancient wisdom, Bethel inspires her digital audience to examine the values that drive one’s performance. She is introduced by her colleague Denis Waitley, who could have a career as a voiceover actor himself.