Short Story Press Presents Super Shy Guy by Mark Laughlin
Do you know a super shy guy? Some guy who appears to have it all together except for one thing - he can’t talk to women? That’s the problem, Jim, the protagonist of “Super Shy Guy” by Mark Laughlin, has. He joins a local book club to try to meet people and come out of his shell a bit and gets a serious crush on Nancy, a stunning brunette. What happens next?
- Nancy likes Jim but wants a man who isn’t quite so shy.
- Jim confides in his work friend Debbie, a cute girl herself.
- Jim tries but fails to impress Nancy.
- Nancy gives up on Jim, and a new guy enters the picture.
- Nancy realizes that giving up on Jim was a mistake, but wait - he’s taken now!
- Jim seems to be getting over Nancy by dating another girl.
- It turns out that the super shy guy may not be so shy after all....
The conclusion should satisfy any listener who’s ever thought two people might make a great couple but can’t put into words just why. This is a story with heart, soul, and - of course - romance.