If you are thinking about getting a puppy or simply want to learn how to train your perfect dog in a happy, positive way, then keep reading.
This guide uses a fresh approach which puts strong emphasis on the relationship with the individual dog, informed by breed-specific traits. It contains the distilled information of decades of dog training experience in one master guide with clear, sympathetic, intelligent guidelines for successful dog training.
To raise a happy dog, the training needs to be based on friendship, understanding of canine behavior, and positive reinforcement, not fear and punishment.
In this guide you will learn:
- Why “getting dominance” over your dog is a bad idea
- Why a dog’s natural pack instincts are the key to a happy relationship
- Why what your dog really needs may not be what you’re giving him
- How to choose a dog who’s right for you and your family
- The value of a consistent schedule
- Tricks you didn’t even know a dog could learn
- How to deal with common health problems and bad behavior
Whether you have never trained a dog or are just switching over to positive training, this guide offers proven strategies for easy, fun, and effective training. Start enjoying a happy family life with your puppy!