Content Inc. is the go-to guide to building a solid small business by establishing a loyal audience before you sell products or services.
In this audiobook, Joe Pulizzi provides a lower-risk, more effective way to create a path to startup success by re-engineering the process that so often leads to failure: You’ll learn how to develop valuable content, build an audience around that content and then create a product for that audience. Content Inc. walks you through the entire process, showing how to:
- Choose a marketable content topic
- Figure out where little or no competition exists
- Choose your top channel for disseminating content
- Build long-term customer loyalty
- Monetize your product or service
- Expand your content into multiple channels
- Sell your content asset or scale it into a large enterprise
This updated edition includes new and enhanced coverage of platforms like TikTok, SnapChat, and Instagram, a new section about the exit strategy for the model, more practical how-tos, and current examples of companies that have successfully implemented these strategies.
Content Inc. provides an ingenious approach to business based on a profoundly simple concept: Having a singular focus on audience, and building a loyal audience directly, provide the best, most nuanced understanding of what products ultimately make the most sense to sell.
Apply the methods laid out for you in Content Inc., and create the business of your dreams.