Improve your spoken Italian from home with 101 real-world conversations in intermediate Italian.
Real Italian people don’t speak like your textbook…so it’s no wonder you feel unprepared when it’s your turn to speak! This book fixes that. For the first time, you’ll learn to move beyond beginner level and speak Italian in the real world! With 101 authentic conversations in intermediate Italian, you’ll become confident in the words, phrases, and expressions you need to communicate like a local.
101 Conversations in Intermediate Italian transports you into a real-world story that unfolds between six Italian characters, told by the people. Over 15,000 words of real Italian, you’ll immerse yourself in a gripping Italian drama and get an education in natural Italian in the process. Here’s what you’ll get:
- 101 conversations in intermediate Italian, so you can learn the real Italian spoken in the street, understand spoken Italian with ease, and have Italian roll off your tongue more fluently
- Over 15,000 words of dialogue - an unparalleled resource that will immerse you in Italian, at a level you can understand. You’ll learn real spoken Italian without getting lost or overwhelmed
- Real, daily spoken Italian throughout - it’s as if we held up a microphone and recorded the exact words coming out of people’s mouths - so you can learn the expressions that real people use on the street (not in textbooks). You’ll sound more authentic when you speak and make Italian-speaking friends more easily.
- Situational dialogues from typical daily circumstances, so you can prepare yourself to survive realistic Italian encounters, in shops, cafés, and on the street, making meeting people second nature
- Conversations that are carefully written to be accessible for intermediate learners (B1-B2 on the CEFR), so you can learn from real, spoken conversations, without having to go through the rollercoaster of difficult conversations with strangers
- Each conversation is limited to around 15 lines of dialogue (150 words), so you can get that crucial sense of achievement and motivation when you finish each conversation, and say, “I actually understood all of that!”
- Word lists with English definitions in every chapter, so you can get instant translations of any difficult words. This means you can focus on enjoying the story rather than wasting time in a dictionary.
- Summaries of each conversation which contextualize each dialogue, so you can easily follow the plot and enjoy the story without getting lost.
The story is set in Italy and includes expressions that are typical in standard Italian, making this book ideal for you, whether you’re learning the Italian of Milan, Rome, or Naples.
Created by Olly Richards, internationally-renowned language teacher and author, 101 Conversations in Intermediate Italian gives you an experience in real Italian that you won’t find anywhere else. You’ll be better prepared for using Italian in the real world, speak with more confidence, and take a giant leap towards fluency in Italian!
Scroll up and grab your copy now.
101 Conversations in Intermediate Italianに寄せられたリスナーの声
Useful, but you only get part of the package.
For people like me who love learning via stories, this ought in theory to be a nice resource. A detective story is told in a long series of short conversations in clear Italian. The level seems just right for level B1/B2 - easy to get the gist, but more effort required to get the detail.
HOWEVER, the product does not fit the description given. The extra resources - summaries and, more importantly, "Word lists with English definitions in every chapter, so you can get instant translations of any difficult words." are NOT AVAILABLE. This is really disappointing and means that any word you can't understand sufficiently to guess the spelling or the dictionary entry for (e.g. the infinitive of a verb), you just don't learn. (And if it's crucial to the story, I suppose you can get a bit lost.)
When I rang Audible for help I was told that I could buy the e-book on Amazon if I wanted the word list. Since I don't have a Kindle, this isn't much help.
I'd give this five stars as a good value and entertaining way of practising listening comprehension if the promised back-up material were provided.