Improve your spoken French from home with 101 real-world conversations in intermediate French.
Real French people don’t speak like your textbook…so it’s no wonder you feel unprepared when it’s your turn to speak! This book fixes that. For the first time, you’ll learn to move beyond beginner level, and speak French in the real world! With 101 authentic conversations in intermediate French, so you’ll become confident in the words, phrases and expressions you need to communicate like a local.
101 Conversations in Intermediate French transports you into a real-world story that unfolds between six French characters, told by the people themselves. Over 15,000 words of real French, you’ll immerse yourself in a gripping French drama and get an education in natural French in the process. Here’s what you’ll get:
- 101 conversations in intermediate French, so you can learn the real French spoken in the street, understand spoken French with ease, and have French roll off your tongue more fluently
- Over 15,000 words of dialogue - an unparalleled resource that will immerse you in French, at a level you can understand. You’ll learn real spoken French without getting lost or overwhelmed
- Real, daily spoken French throughout - It’s as if we held up a microphone and recorded the exact words coming out of people’s mouths - so you can learn the expressions that real people use on the street (not in textbooks). You’ll sound more authentic when you speak and make French-speaking friends more easily.
- Situational dialogues from typical daily circumstances, so you can prepare yourself to survive realistic French encounters, in shops, cafés, and on the street, making meeting people second nature
- Conversations that are carefully written to be accessible for intermediate learners (B1-B2 on the CEFR), so you can learn from real, spoken conversations, without having to go through the roller coaster of difficult conversations with strangers
- Each conversation is limited to around 15 lines of dialogue (150 words), so you can get that crucial sense of achievement and motivation when you finish each conversation, and say “I actually understood all of that!”
- Word lists with English definitions in every chapter, so you can get instant translations of any difficult words. This means you can focus on enjoying the story rather than wasting time in a dictionary.
- Summaries of each conversation which contextualize each dialogue, so you can easily follow the plot and enjoy the story without getting lost
The story is set in France and includes expressions that are typical in Parisian French. However, since the conversations use mostly “neutral” French, you’ll have plenty to learn, whether you’re learning the French of France, Quebec, or Morocco.
Created by Olly Richards, internationally-renowned language teacher and author, 101 Conversations in Intermediate French gives you an experience in real French that you won’t find anywhere else. You’ll be better prepared for using French in the real world, speak with more confidence, and take a giant leap towards fluency in French!
Scroll up and grab your copy now.
101 Conversations in Intermediate Frenchに寄せられたリスナーの声
- Ron Wallace
Great learning tool
Fun story but needs authentic female voices. The story was easy to understand with excellent diction. The story flowed well with a surprise happy ending.
Don’t buy unless your french is already perfect
In the description if this book, it indicates that vocabulary lists and conversation summaries are available. They are not. I am unable to locate an accompanying PDF, nor is there any place on the recording that gives these summaries of the conversations, nor was I able to locate vocabulary lists. What a HUGE disappointment! This feels like such a potential for helping with listening skills, but since the parts that would help decode what I can’t quite understand are missing, I’m kinda feeling ripped off. This would be too easy for someone who doesn’t need a little help, but it’s too challenging for someone who does. Edit: I just got in touch with the author of this book, and found out you can PURCHASE the written version as a kindle download. It should have come free as a PDF (which is what most language audible books do). Not expensive, but just an update so you will know before getting this book.