Charley's Aunt by Brandon Thomas, presented by The Online Stage
This classic farce was first performed in 1892. Since the record-breaking initial run in London, it has been revived many times around the world in a variety of languages, and has also been adapted for a number of presentations on film.
The play incorporates many of the features which have become standard in romantic comedies: a cross dressing central character, identity confusion, young lovers kept apart by parental influence and older lovers unexpectedly reunited.
- Narrator - Marty Krz
- Stephen Spettigue, uncle of Amy, guardian of Kitty, and the story's villain - Alan Weyman
- Colonel Sir Francis Chesney, father of Jack Chesney - Denis Daly
- Jack Chesney, Oxford undergraduate, in love with Kitty - Tomas Peter
- Charley Wykeham, Oxford undergraduate, in love with Amy - Mark Crowle-Groves
- Lord Fancourt Babberley, undergraduate pulled unwillingly into Jack and Charley's scheme - Graham Scott
- Brassett, Jack's valet - David Shears
- Donna Lucia d'Alvadorez, Charley's aunt from Brazil - Maureen Boutilier
- Amy Spettigue, Stephen Spettigue's young niece - Amanda Friday
- Kitty Verdun, Stephen Spettigue's young ward - Anna Grace
- Ela Delahay, orphaned young woman accompanying Donna Lucia - Grace Keller Scotch