最初の1冊は無料。今すぐ聴こう。

18 Miles

The Epic Drama of Our Atmosphere and Its Weather
ナレーター: Angelo Di Loreto
再生時間: 8 時間 39 分
カテゴリー: 洋書, Science & Technology

30日間の無料体験後は月額1,500円。いつでも退会できます。

OR
カートに追加済み

あらすじ・解説

We live at the bottom of an ocean of air - 5,200 million million tons, to be exact. It sounds like a lot, but Earth’s atmosphere is smeared onto its surface in an alarmingly thin layer - 99 percent contained within 18 miles. Yet, within this fragile margin lies a magnificent realm - at once gorgeous, terrifying, capricious, and elusive. With his keen eye for identifying and uniting seemingly unrelated events, Chris Dewdney reveals to us the invisible rivers in the sky that affect how our weather works and the structure of clouds and storms and seasons, the rollercoaster of climate. Dewdney details the history of weather forecasting and introduces us to the eccentric and determined pioneers of science and observation whose efforts gave us the understanding of weather we have today.   

18 Miles is a kaleidoscopic and fact-filled journey that uncovers our obsession with the atmosphere and weather - as both evocative metaphor and physical reality. From the roaring winds of Katrina to Palladio’s architectural triumph, La Rotonda, Dewdney entertains as he gives listeners a long overdue look at the very air we breathe.

©2018 Christopher Dewdney (P)2018 Audible, Inc.

18 Milesに寄せられたリスナーの声

カスタマーレビュー:以下のタブを選択することで、他のサイトのレビューをご覧になれます。

レビューはまだありません。
並べ替え:
絞り込み:
  • 総合評価
    1 out of 5 stars
  • ナレーション
    5 out of 5 stars
  • ストーリー
    1 out of 5 stars
  • Daniel W. Fox, Jr.
  • 2020/10/09

10% science, 90% other stuff

I was hoping to learn weather science. And I did, 10% of the time. But the other 90% was biographies of scientists, references to rain in poetry and literature, lots of "when I was a boy" stories, etc...... On the other hand, Angelo Di Loreto is a superb reader, making the most boing passages more interesting.