Improve your spoken Spanish from home with 101 real-world conversations in intermediate Spanish.
Real Spanish people don’t speak like your textbook…so it’s no wonder you feel unprepared when it’s your turn to speak! This book fixes that. For the first time, you’ll learn to move beyond beginner level and speak Spanish in the real world! With 101 authentic conversations in intermediate Spanish, you’ll become confident in the words, phrases, and expressions you need to communicate like a local.
101 Conversations in Intermediate Spanish transports you into a real-world story that unfolds between six Spanish characters, told by the people themselves. Over 15,000 words of real Spanish, you’ll immerse yourself in a gripping Spanish drama and get an education in natural Spanish in the process. Here’s what you’ll get:
- 101 conversations in intermediate Spanish, so you can learn the real Spanish spoken in the street, understand spoken Spanish with ease, and have Spanish roll off your tongue more fluently.
- Over 15,000 words of dialogue - an unparalleled resource that will immerse you in Spanish, at a level you can understand. You’ll learn real spoken Spanish without getting lost or overwhelmed.
- Real, daily spoken Spanish throughout - It’s as if we held up a microphone and recorded the exact words coming out of people’s mouths - so you can learn the expressions that real people use on the street (not in textbooks). You’ll sound more authentic when you speak and make Spanish-speaking friends more easily.
- Situational dialogues from typical daily circumstances, so you can prepare yourself to survive realistic Spanish encounters, in shops, cafés, and on the street, making meeting people second nature
- Conversations that are carefully written to be accessible for intermediate learners (B1-B2 on the CEFR), so you can learn from real, spoken conversations, without having to go through the roller coaster of difficult conversations with strangers.
- Each conversation is limited to around 15 lines of dialogue (150 words), so you can get that crucial sense of achievement and motivation when you finish each conversation, and say, “I actually understood all of that!
- Word lists with English definitions in every chapter, so you can get instant translations of any difficult words. This means you can focus on enjoying the story rather than wasting time in a dictionary.
- Summaries of each conversation which contextualize each dialogue, so you can easily follow the plot and enjoy the story without getting lost
The story is set in Spain and includes expressions that are typical in Castilian Spanish. However, since the conversations use mostly “neutral” Spanish, you’ll have plenty to learn, whether you’re learning the Spanish of Mexico, Colombia, or Costa Rica.
Created by Olly Richards, internationally-renowned language teacher and author, 101 Conversations in Intermediate Spanish gives you an experience in real Spanish that you won’t find anywhere else. You’ll be better prepared for using Spanish in the real world, speak with more confidence, and take a giant leap towards fluency in Spanish!
Scroll up and grab your copy now!