Anthology of Classic Horror - Part 1
- The Call of Cthulhu, The Fall of the House of Usher, The Turn of the Screw and Other Stories
- ナレーター： P. Coates, D. McCord, J. Thompson, T. O'Hare, A. Costa, J. Girard, M. Mercer-Hall, R. Williams, L. Madsen, L. Strayer
- 再生時間： 25 時間 20 分
- 完全版 オーディオブック
- カテゴリー： 文学・フィクション, 選集・短編小説
Authors writing for the horror genre succeed in creating an eerie and frightening atmosphere for the listener. While the featured horror is often supernatural, it may spring from a very real origin.
Several classic horror stories have become icons of the horror genre.
They inspire modern retellings throughout print, on stage, and on film. This collection gathers the best of the supernatural and frightening stories spun by expert storytellers who can weave true thrillers haunted by spirits and visited by vampires; stories where even the buildings contribute to the black humor and apocalyptic natures of the plots.
- H.P. Lovecraft - The Call of Cthulhu
- Algernon Blackwood - The Willows
- Ambrose Bierce - The Death of Halpin Frayser, Chickamauga, An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge
- E.F. Benson - Mrs Amworth, Naboth's Vineyard, At the Farmhouse, Negotium Perambulans, The Wishing Well, The Terror by Night, The Thing in the Hall, The Cat, The Sanctuary
- Robert W. Chambers - The Repairer of Reputations, The Mask, In the Court of the Dragon, The Yellow Sign
- W. W. Jacobs - The Monkey's Paw
- Francis Marion Crawford - The Upper Berth, For the Blood Is the Life, The Screaming Skull, The Doll's, Man Overboard!
- Arthur Machen - The Great God Pan
- Bram Stoker - The Judge's House
- Edgar Allan Poe - The Raven, The Black Cat, The Fall of the House of Usher
- Henry James - The Turn of the Screw
Please note: Full cast of narrators includes: R. Walz and D. Miles.
Anthology of Classic Horror - Part 1に寄せられたリスナーの声
- Amazon Customer
Great collection of classic stories often ruined by poor narration
In many cases it's clear the narrators are reading without paying any attention as emphasis is consistently put on the wrong parts of a paragraph or something is spoken happily that should be intense or vice versa. Irregular, mid-sentence pauses, as if the narrator is trying to read the rest of the sentence and figure out how to say it, also often confuses the narration.
I rated the narrators with 2 stars instead of one because they do pronounce things clearly and have voices that are mostly nice to listen to.