10+ Masterpieces of Classic Adventures Collection
- The Call of the Wild, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Heart of Darkness, The Lost World and Others
- ナレーター： S. Plummer, K. Elliot, J. Lingua, C. Dabbs, A. Costa, J. Szatmari, R. Williams, J. Lewis, J. Phoenix, S. Jackson, J. Girard
- 再生時間： 70 時間 27 分
- 完全版 オーディオブック
- カテゴリー： 文学・フィクション, 選集・短編小説
This collection contains adventure novels from various authors, recognized masters who have become classics in this genre. None of the works included in the collection will leave an inquisitive and demanding listener indifferent.
- Jack London, The Call of the Wild
- Jack London, White Fang
- Jack London, To Build a Fire
- Jules Verne, Around the World in 80 Days
- Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness
- Robert Louis Stevenson, Treasure Island
- Jonathan Swift, Gulliver's Travels
- Daniel Defoe, Robinson Crusoe
- Arthur Conan Doyle, The Lost World
- O. Henry, The Ransom of Red Chief
10+ Masterpieces of Classic Adventures Collectionに寄せられたリスナーの声
By far, my most disappointing audiobook purchase
So much potential utterly destroyed by awful narrating and inexcusably sloppy editing. Also none of the 10+ stories have their own segments, so enjoy scanning 260+ chapters.
- C. Tipton
Great Stories, Poor Quality
TLDR: Do yourself a favor, skip this and get Stephen Fry narrating Sherlock Holmes instead.
I'll not review the books themselves, as classics, that's been done many, many times by much better reviewers than I. Instead, I'll review the narration, as that is one of the most important parts of an audiobook.
Book 1, Call of the Wild: Good narration, keeping to sentence structure and pauses, even good at the accented speech like "Dat Buck, he two devils."
Book 2, White Fang: Poor narration, mispronounced words and oftimes odd pauses in the middle of sentences, like he lost his place, or went back and restarted recording at a word instead of a sentence.
Book 3, To Build a Fire: I didn't think it could get worse than the last guy. I was so wrong, so very wrong. There is a weird not-quite-echo that shows he isn't using a good mic or it wasn't properly post-processed. The sentences have no structure left, as he speaks with no rhythm. At least once he repeats a few sentences, or repeats a word. Plus the same complaints as the previous guy, not able to pronounce rarer words. Thankfully it's a short story, so you don't have to put up with him for long.
OR SO I THOUGHT! But the story just stops mid-sentence while the man is trying to pick up his matches. That's it, it says thanks for listening. I redownloaded it. just in case. Making sure all your files are complete is the BARE MINIMUM of quality control. I gave up at this, Shelved DNF.
- Amazon Customer
Awesome adventure tales. Great readers. I came for The Lost World and stayed for many others that I most likely would never have read. Very satisfying.